It never seems like summer is long enough—there’s always another beach to explore, road trip to plan, or concert to attend. September’s getting closer, though, and soon we’ll be embracing fall. In the meantime, we put together a list of our favorite ways to close out summer and cross everything off our bucket list before the summer ends:
1. Take advantage of this weather (and fresh, in-season fruits and veggies) with a trip to your local farmer’s market. It’s about as close to farm-to-table as you can get on your own.
2. Make like the 1950’s and head on over to your local drive-in movie theater. None in your area? No problem. Just take your Netflix and some blankets to the backyard!
3. If you love Pinterest as much as we do (follow us!), we’re pretty sure you’ve got a list of DIYs you’ve been meaning to do but just haven’t gotten around to them. Our challenge for you? Get your craft on, just once.
4. Head out of town on one last road trip. It doesn’t matter where you go—whether it’s halfway across the country or a half hour subway ride away, all that matters is that you’re going.
5. There are few better feelings than sitting outside and leaning your head back towards the sky, grateful for the beautiful scenery and beautiful people surrounding you. Organize a potluck picnic for you and your friends so everyone can enjoy the sunshine.
6. If you haven’t yet heard of geocaching, today’s your lucky day. It’s like a treasure hunt all over the world (using your smartphone as a map) that encourages you to explore places in your area you’ve likely never been to before. Because you can choose the level of difficulty, it’s totally kid-friendly too!